Tuesday, December 8, 2009

WIP - figure in watercolor

Bellow I tried to capture my current working method.

I had played with a couple of stock poses available from Deviantart. On the first picture from left to right, I tried several shots and crops, until fond one that reflected what I wanted to depict.

I drawn the chosen pose several times, including a line drawing and a 3-value version (middle picture, bellow)


On the second step, I drawn the model using black and white charcoal on grey paper. This is a more refined tonal study.

Later on, studying this version, I decided to change the model's head position for a more natural likeness.

Chalk on W&N pastel paper
9x11in ( ~22x28cm)



I transfered my line drawing to the watercolor board, using a light 2H pencil and this is the final painting result.

Watercolor on Fabriano Artistico
12x18in / 32,5x45,5cm

No comments:

Post a Comment